Request A Paid Duty Officer
All "Paid Duty" applications must be requested through the Paid Duty Coordinator during regular business hours.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday (except statutory holidays)
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (705) 675-9171 ext. 6281
Fax: (705) 671-9882
After hours. weekends and statutory holidays
Phone: (705) 675-9171 ext 2609
Fax: (705) 675-8828
What is a Paid Duty Officer?
Paid Duty is a service provided at functions or events. It is arranged for and authorized by the Greater Sudbury Police Service, provided by off-duty members, and paid for by person or organization requesting the services from the Greater Sudbury Police Service.
A Paid Duty Officer may be requested for the following:
- Traffic control
- Funeral Escorts
- Security at dances, concerts, festivals
- Wide load escorts and other escorts
- Special event
- Sporting events
The Process to Request a Paid Duty Officer
A minimum of one-week advance booking notice is strongly recommended to request a Paid Duty. Please specify what the function is and the specific service required.
|PAID DUTY FEES
||JAN 1 2017
||JUL 1 2017
|Paid Duty Hourly Rate - Constable*
||$68.15 + HST
||$68.82 + HST
|Paid Duty Hourly Rate - Sergeant*
||$77.37 + HST
||$78.15 + HST
|Paid Duty Hourly Rate - Staff Sergeant*
||$85.68 + HST
||$86.54 + HST
|Paid Duty Cruiser Fee Per Hour (Minimum 3 hour charge)
||$26.29 + HST
Paid Duty Administration Fee
|20% of total paid duty contract
A minimum three-hour charge shall apply. A 20% Administration fee plus applicable HST is levied on all Paid Duty assignments performed by Paid Duty officers. A deposit may be requested at the discretion of the Divisional Commander. *Notwithstanding Section 4 of Bylaw 2009-3, paid duty rates shall be adjusted in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Board and the Sudbury Police Association in effect at the time of the paid duty assignment and not the Consumer Price Index.
Cancellation of a Paid Duty
- 24 hours notice is required prior to the commencement of the event. A minimum 3-hour charge will apply for each police service member booked for the Paid Duty at the hourly rate.
- Payment must be received within 7 days of the date on which the paid duty is completed unless otherwise agreed to by the
Paid Duty Requests Cancellation Notification
Paid duty cancellations must be submitted in writing and shall be directed as follows:
- During normal business hours (Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) to the Paid Duty Coordinator, Fax (705) 671-9882, 190 Brady Street, Sudbury.
- After normal business hours, on weekends, and statutory holidays, submit requests to the On Duty Staff Sergeant,
Fax (705) 675-8828/190 Brady Street, Sudbury.
- Where cancellation notification is not received by the Police Service at least 24 hours prior to the commencement of the event, a minimum 3-hour charge will apply for each Police Service member booked for the paid duty at the hourly rate set out in the Paid Duty Contract. Cancellation payments are due and owing in full, and payment must be received within 7 days of the date on which the Paid Duty is cancelled.
How To Apply
Download the form: Paid Duty Officer Form.
Fill it out and save it to your computer, and then Email it.
Add the form as an attachment in the middle of the page, where it says "browse". You can send it once you have added your email address, subject, message and the security code.
Fax: Download form here and fax to (Monday - Friday): 705-671-9882 After hours, weekends and statutory holidays: 705- 675-8828
For more information send us an Email!